Minor Checkups

Bren Dillon's blog

Moderator: Angels

Royals
Name: Larry Bestwick

Minor Checkups

Post by Royals »

Figured I should take a look at how some of the younger Sox players are doing these days:

Ryan Tucker RHP 21 - ust called up the other day and had a pretty nice outing after putting up a 1.41era in AA. it remains to be seen if the young fireballer will remain in Miami for another start, but he's certainly heading in the right direction.

Michael Bowden RHP 21 - What an embarrassment of riches the MLB Sox have. Bucchols throws a No-No last year, Lester this year, Justin Masterson has been throwing great and down in AA Michael Bowden continues to pitch well with a 2.30 era 72k, 17bb and 47hits in 74.1 IP.

Yamaico Navarro SS 20 - .291/.356/.450 down in the SAL. not bad for a kid whose big ticket is supposed to be his glove

Josh Reddick OF 21 - Reddick is crushing the ball, (but who doesn't at Lancaster?) going off at a .355/.380/.609 clip. Let's hope he gets promoted soon so as not to develop too many bad habits in the hitter's heaven.

Anthony Rizzo - Just a quick mention for this youngster who is off fighting cancer... Good luck Riz!

Brian Duensing LHP 25 - Duensing is holding his own in AAA. he's not blowing anyone away, but generally being his crafty lefty self. He'll eventually be a decent back of the rotation guy if he gets the chance.

Shelby Ford 2b 23 - Ford has missed quite a bit of time with injuries but was playing well when healthy

Craig Hansen RHP 24 - Hansen has finally managed to seemingly settle in at the MLB level. He's had 1 hit, 2 walks and 5k over his last 5.2IP.

Angel Salome C 22 - Happy Birthday, Angel! .378/.431/.588 in 148 Southern league AB's. That pretty much speaks for itself.

Kobayashi - 3.16 era 1.15 whip 30.1 IP. Fuck you DMB.

Jed Lowrie SS 24 - Lowrie filled a HUGE gap in Boston when Lowell went down with an injury and acquitted himself very well in the field. .310/.340/476 is damn fine in MLB and he's popping off an .898 OPS in AAA to boot.

Tyler Robertson RHP 20 - Acquired in the Ellsbury deal, Robertson is putting up a 2.76 era in the FSL and looking like a promising young arm for the future.

Denard Span OF 24 - Hi, my name is Denard Span and I'm hitting .327/.431/.471 and would have finally gotten a callup if I hadn't broken my freakin finger...

Not a loaded system, certainly not compared to many of the other IBC farms, but still some very useful players coming up. Some of the more toolsy players are having some struggles but still have the potential to come around.
Angel Salome is one guy I'm particularly excited about. His bat is just loaded, his defense might be a problem though.

Return to “Whale's Vagina Monologue”