Deadspin vs The Hall of Fame

Gabe Hammad's blog. Gabe was a member between 2002-2015 and again in 2017. During his tenure, Gabe won the NL East in 2005-06 and the 2006 IBC Championship.

Moderator: DBacks

DBacks
Name: Dave Mueller

Deadspin vs The Hall of Fame

Post by DBacks »

I don't know how many of you read Deadspin, or have followed their Hall of Fame experiment, but it's fascinating.

If you're a baseball fan and you've somehow managed to miss it, check it out - http://deadspin.com/revealed-the-hall-o ... 1496558341

It really couldn't have worked out better for deadspin. Right after accusing the BBWAA of being too self-righteous and stupid to continue holding the keys to the Hall of Fame doors, they dig deep within themselves and find a way to somehow come across even more stupid and self-righteous. By suspending Le Batard and stripping him permanently of his HoF vote, they've confirmed that the only things that matters to them are false senses of moral superiority and journalistic integrity.

Getting the votes right, fixing a broken system, and finding a logical way to deal with the "steroid problem" don't mean anything to the BBWAA. Writing thousands of words on the sanctimony of the game and demonizing the HR hitters they once idolized (and who saved the sport these assholes write about) are the only things that matter.

Baseball is broken in so many ways, and the people who claim to love it the most are by far it's biggest problem.
Royals
Name: Larry Bestwick

Post by Royals »

I'll bite. I'll also cut to the heart of what Gabe is getting at.
Sosa is a dirty cheat, just like McGwire, and the only way either should ever get in the Hall is by buying a ticket like the rest of the public. They didn't 'save' baseball, they sullied it.

Return to “The Cub Hub”