IBC Spring Meetings Proposal

Gabe Hammad's blog. Gabe was a member between 2002-2015 and again in 2017. During his tenure, Gabe won the NL East in 2005-06 and the 2006 IBC Championship.

Moderator: DBacks

DBacks
Name: Dave Mueller

IBC Spring Meetings Proposal

Post by DBacks »

In an effort to increase league activity and get a nice buzz going for Opening Day, I'd like to propose an IBC Spring Meeting - to take place at a yet to be determined date at the end of March or beginning of April - an old-school IBC chatroom session for last minute trading and shit-talking before Opening Day on the 4th.

I'm pretty sure our message board comes with a chat room, which you can log onto at the bottom of the page, so no one should have trouble connecting. I understand that not everyone will be interested or have the time, but even if we got 12-15 GMs, it could still be productive. If anyone has been trying to talk trade, you might notice that not a lot of teams are matching up these days, so it would be cool to get the opportunity to talk some 3-team deals without the negotiations taking 3 weeks.

I'm just throwing it out to the league, and also to the ExCo, because it might mean a lot of trades would have to be entered into the Opening Day dbase at the last minute. Also, if we a large number of GMs seem interested, maybe we could go to an email trading system for a night. I only suggest that because it would allow you to make some conditional trades, which used to happen a lot.

Example:

JP acquires Santana from Nils. 4 minutes later JP deals Santana to me, assuming that his deal with Nils will be approved. It used to happen all the time, and it would be cool to be able to do that again.

Anyone who's interested, let's talk possible dates/times.
Mariners
Name: Jagger

Post by Mariners »

I'm up for it after 3/29.
Cardinals
Name: John Paul Starkey

Post by Cardinals »

Sounds good to me. Whatever day/time the majority seems to come up with is fine by me and I'd also suggest that people utilize the chat room more often for stuff like this. Anytime anybody is in it, it'll show whenever you're browsing the boards.
12, 14, 15, 17, 22
Yankees
Name: Brett Zalaski

Post by Yankees »

Set the time and I'll do my best to make it...
Tigers
Name: Ben L. Montgomery

Post by Tigers »

I'm back from AZ. Set a time and I'll do what I can to take part in a pre-start of season chat and trade.
Padres
Site Admin
Name: Jim Berger

Post by Padres »

Leaving Friday to go to AZ for spring training ...
Tigers
Name: Ben L. Montgomery

Post by Tigers »

WhiteSox wrote:Leaving Friday to go to AZ for spring training ...

Hope the weather treats you as well as it did me the last 9 days. I managed to sqeeze in 3 games (two at Peoria and one down in Tucson) between golf and projects.

Great way to break out of the winter doldrums.

Enjoy!
RedSox
Name: Patrick Tullar

Post by RedSox »

Any date/time update?
Cardinals
Name: John Paul Starkey

Post by Cardinals »

Gabe may have offed himself after Kentucky mercifully lost, so it may be incumbent on ourselves to figure a time out.

What works for everybody? Seems like if we all just throw around times/dates we'll have a better grasp. Pretty much any night can work for me as of now between now and Sunday night.
12, 14, 15, 17, 22

Return to “The Cub Hub”