Bulls/Celts

Gabe Hammad's blog. Gabe was a member between 2002-2015 and again in 2017. During his tenure, Gabe won the NL East in 2005-06 and the 2006 IBC Championship.

Moderator: DBacks

DBacks
Name: Dave Mueller

Bulls/Celts

Post by DBacks »

For the two of you out there that are watching the NBA Playoffs...have you ever seen anything like this? I'm relatively young, and have never paid much attention to the NBA, even the playoffs (with the exception of the Pacers vs Lakers), though I've caught some of the bigger matchups and key games.

I, however, have never seen a series like this. The game today was the single greatest basketball game I ever watched. Maybe not in terms of pure performance, but in entertainment value, I dont know that I've ever seen anything better.

Of course, I want Boston to lose Game 7, but even if they win, I hope its close. The worst thing that could happen now would be for Game 7 to be a blowout. There needs to be a truly epic ending to this insane series.
Royals
Name: Larry Bestwick

Post by Royals »

I've been watching it and can guarantee Z and Nils are watching as well. Absolutely amazing series and tonight's game was really spectacular. Game 7 will be an epic win by the C's. :)
Yankees
Name: Brett Zalaski

Post by Yankees »

So I went to the Boston premiere of Star Trek last night with the girl, only on the condition that I could keep checking my cell phone during the movie, and we could go to Cask 'n' Flagon right after the movie to catch the end of the game.

Thoughts:
1) To get it out of the way - I'm not a Trekkie. I don't think I have one full episode of Star Trek under my belt. This movie was just awesome - so much fun. Perfect casting, and avery cool storyline to give it a unique spin on the original that you did not have to see the original to understand. I highly reco it - and I'd say it has to be in theatres...

2) On to the game - I mean - holy crap. It was unbelievable...My question though - why wasn't Ray Allen shooting the set plays at the end of the game and overtimes? If I was Rondo, I would have died trying to get the ball to the Basketball Jesus. Oh well - game 7 at the Gahden - too bad I'll be in Buffalo for the Blazers first playoff game!
Mets
Name: John Anderson

Post by Mets »

I watched the overtimes....missed the rest of the game though. Reminded me of games of old.....lots of Defense and clutch shooting.

The ratings were just shy of 5.0, which is remarkable. Unfortunately, my wife has to do damage control as many of the sponsor contracts had bought air-time in game 2, but they couldn't show it since they were still showing game 1. The little things people don't think about. Not that the sponsor's will really care, giving the ratings, but still interesting.

When they joined Game 2 at 9 minutes left in the 3rd QTR, it took about 30 seconds to ruin the good feeling I had about NBA baseketball....back to no defense, few passes, and lots of low percentage shots thrown up.
2008-2023 Mets: 1,054-1,223...463%
2006-2008 Rockies: 242-244...498%

IBC Total: 1,296-1,467...469%
2022: lost WC
2023: lost WC
Giants
Name: Jake Hamlin

Post by Giants »

Seriously, what a series.
Your REIGNING AND DEFENDING #evenyear IBC CHAMPION

2015- #torture #evenyears 179-145
2006-2014 Gritty Gutty A's 828-631