Running Diary: Tourney Day 1

Gabe Hammad's blog. Gabe was a member between 2002-2015 and again in 2017. During his tenure, Gabe won the NL East in 2005-06 and the 2006 IBC Championship.

Moderator: DBacks

DBacks
Name: Dave Mueller

Post by DBacks »

6:09 Its looking like I'm gonna be able to watch all of the games today and still catch The Office and 30 Rock when they're on. Woo, love the West Coast.
DBacks

Post by DBacks »

6:18 The first of my seven parlay cards hits the garbage can. Minnesota lost to Texas by 14. That game was one by one player in literally one minute. Crazy.
DBacks

Post by DBacks »

6:24 Clemson somehow climbed back into the game, only to blow it with just a horrible final possession. Seriously. The IBC All-Stars had a better chance of scoring. American has also tired out. Let the talk of "courageous effort" and "spectacular performance" begin. Truth is they just ran out of gas and luck.

This score of the Zaga/Akron game is gonna kill a lot of my cards. Son of a bitch.
DBacks

Post by DBacks »

6:40 We need 11 total points scored in 3 minutes. It's not looking good.

Do these lower seeded teams play in conferences where the second half is 15 minutes? None of them can play a whole game. All of the teams that looked like they would compete today - CS Northridge, Akron, American - they all fell apart in the final minutes. And not just a little bit, these tie games quickly turn into 10 and 11 point leads for the favorites. They're all just running out of gas.

Anyway. Come on scoring. Stop the clock Akron! Foul, foul, foul!
DBacks

Post by DBacks »

7:35 We somehow made the over in Gonzaga game. 6 parlay cards still alive. VCU/UCLA on the big screen now. I don't know how they do it, but every player on UCLA comes off as unlikeable. They're not even doing anything, they're just playing ball, yet for some reason I severely dislike all of them. Weird.
DBacks

Post by DBacks »

7:37 The UCLA cheerleaders however - Very Likeable. I love how they're wearing slutty club outfits, too. Those things aren't even close to cheerleading uniforms. Maybe in the ghetto or trailer park communities.
Astros
Name: Ty Bradley

Post by Astros »

Cubs wrote:7:35 We somehow made the over in Gonzaga game. 6 parlay cards still alive. VCU/UCLA on the big screen now. I don't know how they do it, but every player on UCLA comes off as unlikeable. They're not even doing anything, they're just playing ball, yet for some reason I severely dislike all of them. Weird.
Kind of like how everyone on Memphis seems like they read on a second grade level?
DBacks

Post by DBacks »

Yup. Or how everyone on Duke looks like they just got done murdering babies.

Return to “The Cub Hub”