167 Points

Gabe Hammad's blog. Gabe was a member between 2002-2015 and again in 2017. During his tenure, Gabe won the NL East in 2005-06 and the 2006 IBC Championship.

Moderator: DBacks

DBacks
Name: Dave Mueller

167 Points

Post by DBacks »

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=283252641

That's unreal. 167 points in a college basketball game. There must have been ZERO defense.

Anyway, it's a wonderful time of year, Gents. It's college basketball time and I just had a blast watching Michigan shut down #4 UCLA in a huge upset.

And, of course, my beloved Kentucky Wildcats have looked absolutely lost. They're like that horrible team in a Disney movie, waiting for a coach with a tough exterior but a heart of gold to show them how to win and believe in themselves. I mean seriously, a loss at home to VMI? What?

Good thing Coach G is white, because this wouldn't have been tolerated under Tubby Smith. Maybe UK fans will start to appreciate what they had now that he is gone. I've never seen a good coach be treated so badly.
Giants
Name: Jake Hamlin

Post by Giants »

Geez, is Mike Leach calling plays for the basketball team now too?
Orioles
Name: Dan Vacek

Post by Orioles »

That was a fuckin blast man. A girl I know went to Duke for grad school and got us student section seats. On the one hand, it sucked because we were in the spot they talked about on PTI the other day where you can't see half the court when all the big white bench goofs on Duke and Michigan jump up for every hustle play. Infuriating. On the other hand, we were literally right behind both winning benches and had a corner view of their offensive end in the second half. Good time, and a beer lady. Definitely worth the $50 ticket for two (half) games.

I friggin hate Duke, but they played pretty well. Singler has a nice outside game. I don't think they're a top 5 team at the end of the year though. I haven't seen much of Michigan under Beilein, but this team had the look of a Beilein team for sure. Especially in the second half. UCLA is dunzo. No inside game at all. They have two role players that = something about as good as Lorenzo Mata in the post, and that's not so good. Even when WVU was a top 10-15 team, they never outrebounded people. UCLA got beaten badly on the boards.

2023 GM Totals: 1780 W - 1460 L | 0.549 wpct | 89-73 (avg 162 G record)
Orioles

Post by Orioles »

College basketball kicks ass. Breaks the boredom of waiting for the less populated areas to cast their ballots for college football champions. The 24-hour tip off thing was cool. Didn't watch the 2 really late games for crazy people and hawaiian crazy people, but it was nice to be able to turn on ESPN at any time and have a game on. Next year drinking all day sounds like a good plan.

DBacks
Name: Dave Mueller

Post by DBacks »

The tip-off was really cool. I watched more of it than I should probably admit, but I wanted to enjoy as much as I could before the last two hours (UNC/UK) inevitably sucked for me.
Astros
Name: Ty Bradley

Post by Astros »

Gabe, you gotta remember that UK dropped their opener to Gardner-Webb last year, and it's not like this is something new. I can remember them blowing some cupcake early season games under Tubby. You know I agree with you on that Tubby got treated badly but in the end, it was time for him to go. He'd been there 10 years and went to 1 Final Four and that was with a team that he had nothing to do with and your average high school coach could've gotten to the Sweet 16 it was so loaded.

It's going to be a long year for us Hoosier fans,most people are saying we'll be lucky to win 10 games. Big 10 Network isn't coming in on my tv so the cable company can't be here until Wednesday to fix it, so I haven't got to watc them any yet. I think Crean is the perfect hire though, and a guy that will be at Indiana for 20 years or so and make people forget about Bobby Knight, or at least not whine about him not being the coach anymore.

The team I'm excited to see play is West Virginia. I've became huge fans of theirs since their Elite 8 run and they were a really fun team to watch in the tourny last year. I just wish Joe Alexander had came back for another year
Orioles

Post by Orioles »

I was drunk when I wrote the above post and misread the box. UCLA did outboard UM, mostly because of the big white guy, Keefe, who had 6 offensive boards (8 total). Still failed to really impose their will in the paint.

Yankees
Name: Brett Zalaski

Post by Yankees »

Dave Merritt interned with my department at the NBA last summer. Good player - went to Michigan as a walk-on and is now the starting PG. Pretty cool...

I played with him in the NYC Urban Professional League. No one could keep him in front of them - I averaged 22 ppg on basically open 3's when he slashed and dished back. Great kid - nice to see him starting for the maize.

Return to “The Cub Hub”