Email problems

With quite a few new features planned for the upcoming months, this forum is to notify of new features as they are rolled out
Dodgers
Site Admin
Name: Shawn Walsh

Email problems

Post by Dodgers »

There is a problem with sending emails from the board, which is causing problems with redirects on pages (after sending private messages, posting to topics with subscribers) and I don't think box score notifications are going out either. I'm working on a solution, I suspect that it is the hosting company's fault. I will let you know when everything is back up and running.
Dodgers
Site Admin

Post by Dodgers »

Well I had the host move us back to our old server and the email works again now. They really have no idea what they're doing, so it may go down at some point in the future again. Also, if the site is slow again (the reason we switched in the first place), I'll have to figure out what to do.
Dodgers
Site Admin

Post by Dodgers »

Test post.
Dodgers
Site Admin

Post by Dodgers »

Okay, the email problem is fixed, so emailing works. Major change is that instead of all emails coming from board@ibcleague.com, they'll now show up as coming from whoever sent you the email. I believe that emails such as box score notifications will come from board@ibcleague.com, if they don't soon, they will eventually. I'm still working with the new host on getting it to log emails through gmail's smtp, but all you guys really care about is that it works and now it does.

Also, with the new host, the domain should be coming along shortly, Bren had to fill out some paperwork to allow transfer of it.

Return to “OOPSS Upgrades”