Post-draft waivers

Moderator: Executive Committee

Cardinals
Name: John Paul Starkey

Post by Cardinals »

Once a player is picked, I think they're good to be dealt. Waiting an extra couple of weeks is unnecessary.

I don't think we should be trading non-drafted picks during the draft, though.
12, 14, 15, 17, 22
Guardians
Name: Pat Gillespie

Post by Guardians »

I agree (I think Jim does, too). Once you select a guy, you should be able to deal him. You should not be able to deal undrafted picks. BP, Aaron?
Rangers
Site Admin
Name: Brett Perryman

Post by Rangers »

Tigers wrote:I agree (I think Jim does, too). Once you select a guy, you should be able to deal him. You should not be able to deal undrafted picks. BP, Aaron?
If we voted up or down I would vote for this but I don’t have a strong opinion.
Astros
Name: Ty Bradley

Post by Astros »

Yeah once he's yours, deal him. If me and Pat work out a deal for me to take a player for him in exchange for someone on his roster, once I select him, why shouldn't we make the deal?
Guardians

Post by Guardians »

Looks like this is closed out 5-1 (Shawn dissenting) for allowing trades of drafted players once selected. When does this go into effect?
Dodgers
Site Admin
Name: Shawn Walsh

Post by Dodgers »

Tigers wrote:Looks like this is closed out 5-1 (Shawn dissenting) for allowing trades of drafted players once selected. When does this go into effect?
Next draft.
Guardians

Post by Guardians »

Well, since Shawn and I are always on the same page about these matters...I'll vote it goes into effect immediately. What say the rest of you?
Astros
Name: Ty Bradley

Post by Astros »

Figured that was the case from the start, works for me
Guardians

Post by Guardians »

Do we have any other input?
Guardians

Post by Guardians »

Pirates wrote:Sure. I'm good with that idea all the way through.

Shawn or myself can set up an IBC League waivers address tomorrow if that's the route we all choose to go, which it appears to be.
Is an email set up? It would be good to have this ready to go since we seem to be stumbling to the end of the draft.
Dodgers
Site Admin

Post by Dodgers »

Tigers wrote:
Pirates wrote:Sure. I'm good with that idea all the way through.

Shawn or myself can set up an IBC League waivers address tomorrow if that's the route we all choose to go, which it appears to be.
Is an email set up? It would be good to have this ready to go since we seem to be stumbling to the end of the draft.
rosters@ibcleague.com should be adequate.
Rangers
Site Admin
Name: Brett Perryman

Post by Rangers »

Is there any procedure that guys with access to that should follow to reassure that they aren't peaking before the deadline?
Guardians

Post by Guardians »

Rangers wrote:Is there any procedure that guys with access to that should follow to reassure that they aren't peaking before the deadline?
I would say no one accesses until 24 hours after the draft ends (timestamped on the site when exco announces the start of post-draft waivers) and then whoever is going to go through and post results goes in. Who normally has access to this inbox? JP/Shawn?;
Dodgers
Site Admin

Post by Dodgers »

Yes, me and JP.
Guardians

Post by Guardians »

So, to recap the waivers issue, are we all in agreement on this verbiage to be posted on the board: (I added two lines in bold)

After the last pick of the draft, all draft-eligible players who were not drafted go on waivers for 24 hours. Teams have 24 hours from the last pick in the draft to submit claims for the players they want in an email to rosters@ibcleague.com. Email should include player to claim and player to drop, if awarded.

Once 24 hours passes, Exco will award players to teams based on the original draft order, going down the line until all the players who have been claimed are awarded. In addition, Exco will post all teams who placed a claim but were not awarded the player.

If Shawn/JP would like to give me temporary access to the rosters@ibcleague.com email account, I'm happy to do the posting on behalf of exco.
Dodgers
Site Admin

Post by Dodgers »

I think the wording needs to clarify it’s “waiver style” where claimer goes to bottom but doesn’t impact Waivers order.

I’m fine doing the processing, I won’t be putting in any claims.
Guardians

Post by Guardians »

Dodgers wrote:I think the wording needs to clarify it’s “waiver style” where claimer goes to bottom but doesn’t impact Waivers order.

I’m fine doing the processing, I won’t be putting in any claims.
But what we've discussed is not doing it waiver style. We're doing it in draft order.

Say BP puts in 10 claims, dropping a mix of the same 5 guys (extreme example, but stay with me):

BP gets the first guy he put a claim in, dropping the player he IDs in that email.

Then we see if Danny has any claims. If he claimed anyone other than BP's guy, he gets him, dropping the player he IDs to drop.

If Tullar puts in a claim for anyone other than the first two guys awarded, he gets him, dropping that player and so on all the way to JP.

If we get back to BP and some of his original 10 are still unclaimed, then we start the draft order back over until all claimed players are taken. If teams' dropped players run out, they don't get the claimed player.

I think this is what we envisioned on the first page of this thread (from 2/7).
Dodgers
Site Admin

Post by Dodgers »

Ah ok, don’t mention waivers at all then. It’s more like autodrafting from lists.
Guardians

Post by Guardians »

How about this for wording on the site:

After the last pick of the draft, all draft-eligible players who were not drafted go on waivers for 24 hours. Teams have 24 hours from the last pick in the draft to submit claims for the players they want in an email to rosters@ibcleague.com. Emails should include player to claim and player to drop, if awarded. If emailing a list of multiple players to claim, each player must include a player to drop.

Once 24 hours passes, Exco will award players to teams based on the original draft order, going down the list until all the players who have been claimed are awarded, or until teams claiming players have run out of players to drop. In addition, Exco will post all teams who placed a claim but were not awarded the player.
Padres
Site Admin
Name: Jim Berger

Post by Padres »

Tigers wrote:How about this for wording on the site:

After the last pick of the draft, all draft-eligible players who were not drafted go on waivers for 24 hours. Teams have 24 hours from the last pick in the draft to submit claims for the players they want in an email to rosters@ibcleague.com. Emails should include player to claim and player to drop, if awarded. If emailing a list of multiple players to claim, each player must include a player to drop.

Once 24 hours passes, Exco will award players to teams based on the original draft order, going down the list until all the players who have been claimed are awarded, or until teams claiming players have run out of players to drop. In addition, Exco will post all teams who placed a claim but were not awarded the player.
Looks good.

Return to “ExCo General”