Arizona Vacancy

Moderator: Executive Committee

Cardinals
Name: John Paul Starkey

Arizona Vacancy

Post by Cardinals »

Jag and Gudim have both recommended Dave Mueller to me.
Hey John Paul,

I've been informed that there's an opening in the IBC, and also that it's a great league to belong to. I'd be happy to join!

A bit about me - I've been playing in DMB leagues for over 20 years now, mostly in a now defunct league called the GBL, and now in the BCMBL. I recall drafting Vlad Guerrero before he made the major leagues! Before that, I played Strat-O-Matic - actually I've probably been playing sim baseball for almost 40 years now, on and off...mostly on.

Thanks!
Dave Mueller
I sent him the roster and he said he thinks it would be a full rebuild, which scares me a bit because I don't want to see Kershaw dealt for pennies on the dollar.
Looks like a long-term rebuilding project. There's Kershaw but very little to support him, and little hope of piecing together a team to compete with the prospect-type players available. What was their record this past year? An option would be to try to do just enough to squeeze into the playoffs and then try to ride Kershaw, but it's pretty unlikely to work. In real life, one might try that, but it's probably better to start the rebuild now, while Kershaw has more value.
I trust Gudim, but the last bit makes me slightly uneasy.
12, 14, 15, 17, 22
Padres
Site Admin
Name: Jim Berger

Post by Padres »

Dave Mueller is one of the best GMs in the BCMBL and I can assure you that he would not repeat my dumb trade with Kershaw.
Dodgers
Site Admin
Name: Shawn Walsh

Post by Dodgers »

Dave’s name has come up so frequently in the past with regards to openings that I was shocked that he had never actually been a GM. He was in PJBA with at least me 10 years ago (which caused me to find emails that apparently I was also in BCMBL at one point). In 2015, he was too busy to join another league. If he’s convinced he has the available time (which seems to be our main problem when we bring in people that also have other leagues) then I’m fine with moving forward with him.
Astros
Name: Ty Bradley

Post by Astros »

Sounds good to me. Someone with sim experience is important
Padres
Site Admin
Name: Jim Berger

Post by Padres »

Dodgers wrote: If he’s convinced he has the available time (which seems to be our main problem when we bring in people that also have other leagues) then I’m fine with moving forward with him.
I think he has the time because the GBL is now defunct.
Guardians
Name: Pat Gillespie

Post by Guardians »

Dave is a good GM. He's smart and knows how to stack up assets. If he's interested, he would work.
Cardinals
Name: John Paul Starkey

Post by Cardinals »

I'll set him up today.
12, 14, 15, 17, 22

Return to “ExCo General”