Mandatory vote rules

Moderator: Executive Committee

Guardians
Name: Pat Gillespie

Mandatory vote rules

Post by Guardians »

I would suggest comments be closed either manually (if possible) or by notice when members are being asked to vote on a vetoed or challenged trade.
Everyone can vote on their own without additional lobbying either way. Otherwise we get memes and other nonsense being posted. If you get a trade agreed to and overturned or challenged, you should be entitled to a fair shot, not a biased vote.
Per the rules, each member is allowed to write a brief defense of the trade either in the case of a TRC rejection or league-requested vote. There is no provision for an "objection" to be written.
I advised JP there was no need for an objection to be posted, but apparently he decided to anyway. I don't think it's appropriate for a member of exco, the league's rules and policy body, to be weighing in on individual trades. Ultimately, I think the post calling for a vote should include only the trade and each GM's appeal.
Cardinals
Name: John Paul Starkey

Post by Cardinals »

the last time we held a vote challenging a TRC approval, we had an opposition posted: viewtopic.php?t=1133
12, 14, 15, 17, 22
Cardinals

Post by Cardinals »

additionally, why do nate and matt need to defend the trade? it was approved. this is the reverse situation of a typical appeal. almost every appeal has been teams asking the league to reverse a TRC objection.
12, 14, 15, 17, 22
Padres
Site Admin
Name: Jim Berger

Post by Padres »

Tigers wrote:If there's no comments or opinions, why was the first paragraph of "The trade itself" packed with opinion.

Certainly doesn't seem like unbiased announcement calling for a vote.

This should have had a poll, and comments from the two teams.....then let the league decide.
Source: viewtopic.php?t=1133 in 2008.

Got to say Pat is consistent.
Guardians
Name: Pat Gillespie

Post by Guardians »

WhiteSox wrote:
Tigers wrote:If there's no comments or opinions, why was the first paragraph of "The trade itself" packed with opinion.

This should have had a poll, and comments from the two teams.....then let the league decide.

I wasn't here in 2008. Was that you, BP?
Cardinals

Post by Cardinals »

WhiteSox wrote:

Ha, I think that was actually Shawn Lape, but pretty funny and coincidental that it lines up perfectly.
12, 14, 15, 17, 22

Return to “ExCo General”