Seth Hamlin

Moderator: Executive Committee

Cardinals
Name: John Paul Starkey

Seth Hamlin

Post by Cardinals »

Jake's brother is interested in taking over Bren's old team. He had some interest in the past in 2016 (checked through my email) but we had already filled the spot we needed to then.

Jake said he's been following along for years and that he'd help mentor him. I have no problem with this and think that this is a pretty good solution, given Hamlin's grasp on prospects amidst his rebuild.

Thoughts?
12, 14, 15, 17, 22
Guardians
Name: Pat Gillespie

Re: Seth Hamlin

Post by Guardians »

I would want to make sure we go through the normal questioning of a prospective member, but I have no objections.
Astros
Name: Ty Bradley

Post by Astros »

Works for me, he'll have a much better grasp of everything than some random newbie
Padres
Site Admin
Name: Jim Berger

Post by Padres »

If JP "vetts" him and is satisfied then so am I.

I expect the disk to be available fairly soon. I hope we just plan to play the 162 schedule and if/when real MLB returns we'll figure out how to merge real with where ever we are at in our schedule. I also don't think we need to worry about playing three games at a time to catch up 'cause when real life MLB comes back who knows how long the season will be and how many double headers. I think we stay with 26 man rosters regardless if they expand due to shortened time to ramp up or the fact that they may have multiple DHs. I think we stay with the traditional organizational alignment even if they shift to Florida/Arizona configuration being discussed.

If we turn on the DMB injury I recommend we move "prone" Catchers to "normal" or we will see a lot of Catchers needing to be DLed ... we have had to do this in some other SIM leagues I am in where we are started already because we play based on last year's real stats rather then DMB projections.
Rangers
Site Admin
Name: Brett Perryman

Post by Rangers »

Yeah good here, too. I do think that we should have a conversation with him about the fact that this roster has some really talented guys and the challenges he's going to face from our sharks. And because of the team involved I'd recommend that just to be safe we go ahead and put something in place for review of his trades for a little while.
Astros
Name: Ty Bradley

Post by Astros »

Rangers wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:21 pm Yeah good here, too. I do think that we should have a conversation with him about the fact that this roster has some really talented guys and the challenges he's going to face from our sharks. And because of the team involved I'd recommend that just to be safe we go ahead and put something in place for review of his trades for a little while.
Bingo. We don't want to have this roster stripped bare in a couple weeks.

Return to “ExCo General”