Urgent Discussion, v2

Moderator: Executive Committee

Cardinals
Name: John Paul Starkey

Urgent Discussion, v2

Post by Cardinals »

Seattle still has only 45 on its roster (50 following the draft). It's been a year since we instituted the 55 man max.

This coupled with the fact that he took 22 hours on the first shot at his pick, which ended up being paused and reset.

If he does not make his pick on time, I believe we should remove him from the league and select the highest available drafted player from the MLB draft. Same goes for Bren's old team.

I think it would be incredibly unfair to let this continue to go on, and to let this pick be skipped indefinitely.

Maybe he'll sign on and make his pick and nullify this, but I'd rather be prepared in advance.
12, 14, 15, 17, 22
Guardians
Name: Pat Gillespie

Re: Urgent Discussion, v2

Post by Guardians »

I vote that we make his selection for him if he hasn't selected before the 23rd hour, which would be like 11 p.m. EST tonight. That would be JJ Bleday. I also vote that we make SD/WAS's selection based on the highest MLB draftee as well throughout the draft.
Astros
Name: Ty Bradley

Post by Astros »

I'm fine with that. I fought hard to keep Brennan in the league because he's been with us since the beginning, but if he doesn't pick it is time to remove him. I also agree we do the same thing for the Nationals. I have someone that might be a fit but haven'd had a chance to talk to her the past few weeks cause life has gotten super busy. I'll try and touch base with her this week/weekend
Cardinals

Post by Cardinals »

Disregard, he picked.
12, 14, 15, 17, 22
Guardians

Post by Guardians »

Pirates wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:20 pm Disregard, he picked.
He still needs to be on the watch list, IMO
Cardinals

Post by Cardinals »

Yeah, but it's not imminent at this point. Agreed though. He can't go through the whole season with one MP, which comes in July.
12, 14, 15, 17, 22
Dodgers
Site Admin
Name: Shawn Walsh

Post by Dodgers »

Tigers wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:18 am I vote that we make his selection for him if he hasn't selected before the 23rd hour, which would be like 11 p.m. EST tonight. That would be JJ Bleday. I also vote that we make SD/WAS's selection based on the highest MLB draftee as well throughout the draft.
Highest signed draftee. We’ve had problems in the past where the guy available has had TJ, etc. How do we want to handle that?
Guardians

Post by Guardians »

Dodgers wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:38 pm
Tigers wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:18 am I vote that we make his selection for him if he hasn't selected before the 23rd hour, which would be like 11 p.m. EST tonight. That would be JJ Bleday. I also vote that we make SD/WAS's selection based on the highest MLB draftee as well throughout the draft.
Highest signed draftee. We’ve had problems in the past where the guy available has had TJ, etc. How do we want to handle that?
I still think that's the safest route. Otherwise, you're injecting opinion. I think we have to stick to highest drafted.

Return to “ExCo General”