Cardinals
Name: John Paul Starkey

Offseason Issues

Post by Cardinals »

ZiPS will start soon, so we'll need to address the following:

• Zips Bidding

Converting Draft Picks to actual pick numbers / setting up draft

Filling San Diego Vacancy
Do we want to allow teams to potentially move to San Diego? A few have asked me about this. I'm relatively indifferent. There's something to be said for the continuity of what we have, but if a team that hasn't moved in forever wants to, I'm not particularly opposed.
12, 14, 15, 17, 22
Cardinals

Re: Offseason Issues

Post by Cardinals »

I went ahead and created a forum for the 2019-20 ZiPS bidding and moved it to the top of the Official Business section.
12, 14, 15, 17, 22
Guardians
Name: Pat Gillespie

Post by Guardians »

I'm not opposed to teams moving. I'm not sure how we decide if there are multiple teams interested, though. JP, please post a reminder of the SD opening to get people thinking of possible GMs.

Thanks for posting the zips bidding post. Please make sure we all have access so we can include the FG posts for each team. I'll also need access to be able to post a zips budgets post for all the teams so we can track.
Astros
Name: Ty Bradley

Post by Astros »

I'm fine with someone wanting to move, doesn't matter to me. We don't have a whole lot of people relocate
Rangers
Site Admin
Name: Brett Perryman

Post by Rangers »

I think there is value to the continuity of people mainly being associated with one team but like everyone else I don't have a big issue with it. The one thing that I do think that we should consider before agreeing to a move is if it seems pretty obvious that the person is trying to gain a competitive advantage by moving. Like, if someone moves every five years or so and it's pretty clear that they are moving to easier divisions, I do not support allowing that.
Guardians
Name: Pat Gillespie

Post by Guardians »

Rangers wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:35 pm I think there is value to the continuity of people mainly being associated with one team but like everyone else I don't have a big issue with it. The one thing that I do think that we should consider before agreeing to a move is if it seems pretty obvious that the person is trying to gain a competitive advantage by moving. Like, if someone moves every five years or so and it's pretty clear that they are moving to easier divisions, I do not support allowing that.
I agree with Brett. And I really don't think we have that problem. The last team I remember moving was Gudim to the Twins after Andrew and that's because that's his home team. Nils to the Marlins I don't recall the reason for and there have been a few others. But I don't think there's so much movement we run that risk.
Cardinals

Post by Cardinals »

Okay, I'll make a post looking for GM recs as well as that SD is up for potential relocation. Agree with the sentiment here that it can't be for competitve advantage.
12, 14, 15, 17, 22

Return to “ExCo General”