Postseason injury thread

Moderator: Executive Committee

Guardians
Name: Pat Gillespie

Re: Postseason injury thread

Post by Guardians »

We've got 2 votes for Russell to sit while on league admin leave. Any other opinions?

I think Musgrove out here. It seems they would have used him if he were healthy:

Joe Musgrove won't pitch again in 2018 due to right side abdominal discomfort, the team announced Saturday.

Musgrove was recently diagnosed with a stress reaction on the front of his pelvic bone and an abdominal wall muscle strain, MLB.com's Adam Berry reported on Twitter, and so the 25-year-old's year comes to an abrupt end. Musgrove also began the year on the sidelines but pitched relatively well in between, going 6-9 with a 4.06 ERA, 1.18 WHIP and 100/23 K/BB ratio across 19 starts. Musgrove should be on fantasy radars heading into the 2019 season, assuming the injury doesn't linger into next spring.
Padres
Site Admin
Name: Jim Berger

Post by Padres »

Tigers wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:34 pm I think Musgrove out here. It seems they would have used him if he were healthy:

Joe Musgrove won't pitch again in 2018 due to right side abdominal discomfort, the team announced Saturday.

Musgrove was recently diagnosed with a stress reaction on the front of his pelvic bone and an abdominal wall muscle strain, MLB.com's Adam Berry reported on Twitter, and so the 25-year-old's year comes to an abrupt end. Musgrove also began the year on the sidelines but pitched relatively well in between, going 6-9 with a 4.06 ERA, 1.18 WHIP and 100/23 K/BB ratio across 19 starts. Musgrove should be on fantasy radars heading into the 2019 season, assuming the injury doesn't linger into next spring.
I will farm/DL Musgrove tonight.
Dodgers
Site Admin
Name: Shawn Walsh

Post by Dodgers »

Russell should be out
Astros
Name: Ty Bradley

Post by Astros »

Russell sits
Cardinals
Name: John Paul Starkey

Post by Cardinals »

Yeah, Russell is out.
12, 14, 15, 17, 22
Guardians

Post by Guardians »

Missed this one...Duffy should be farmed.

http://amp.kansascity.com/sports/mlb/ka ... 29315.html
Cardinals
Name: John Paul Starkey

Post by Cardinals »

Will do when I get home. Agreed. Pretty much a no brainer there.
12, 14, 15, 17, 22
Guardians

Post by Guardians »

We need some discussion on this one. Seems eerily similar to the year I dealt for Ellsbury, he fouled a ball off his ankle, which broke a bone and the Sox shut him down. I think they were in contention, which the Rays aren't, but same situation.

Kevin Kiermaier left Wednesday's game against the Yankees early, and has a fractured hairline in his right foot.

Kiermaier picked up the injury after fouling a ball off his right foot, and while he was able to stay in originally, he ended up leaving, and x-rays revealed the hairline fracture. While it hasn't yet been announced, his 2019 season is over. Injuries have limited him to just 88 games in 2018, and his final slash is .217/.282/.370 with seven homers and 10 steals in 15 attempts. Austin Meadows took over for Kiermaier, and he should get the starts in center with him out of the lineup.
Guardians

Post by Guardians »

Tigers wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:49 pm We need some discussion on this one. Seems eerily similar to the year I dealt for Ellsbury, he fouled a ball off his ankle, which broke a bone and the Sox shut him down. I think they were in contention, which the Rays aren't, but same situation.

Kevin Kiermaier left Wednesday's game against the Yankees early, and has a fractured hairline in his right foot.

Kiermaier picked up the injury after fouling a ball off his right foot, and while he was able to stay in originally, he ended up leaving, and x-rays revealed the hairline fracture. While it hasn't yet been announced, his 2019 season is over. Injuries have limited him to just 88 games in 2018, and his final slash is .217/.282/.370 with seven homers and 10 steals in 15 attempts. Austin Meadows took over for Kiermaier, and he should get the starts in center with him out of the lineup.
Need some input here, fellas. JP is abstaining since this could directly affect him. Shawn, BP, Aaron, Jim? Thoughts? My vote is he is out.
Astros
Name: Ty Bradley

Post by Astros »

As someone that currently has a hairline fracture in his big toe, I can't even walk normally without having a sharp pain every step I take. He's out
Rangers
Site Admin
Name: Brett Perryman

Post by Rangers »

I hate us attempting to make these sorts of medical judgment calls as usual because we’re certain to be futilely inconsistent but I would say out.
Padres
Site Admin
Name: Jim Berger

Post by Padres »

KK out
Dodgers
Site Admin
Name: Shawn Walsh

Post by Dodgers »

I’d also say out.
Guardians

Post by Guardians »

Looks like Strop is ok now, if they include him on the nlds roster:

Pedro Strop (hamstring) is on the Cubs' roster for Tuesday's NL Wild Card Game against the Rockies.

Strop hasn't pitched since September 13 due to a left hamstring strain, but he's going to give it a go with the Cubs' season on the line. The Cubs will carry 11 pitchers on their roster. The struggling Carl Edwards, Jr. was left off as he deals with a forearm issue. Speedy outfielder Terrance Gore is also on the roster if the Cubs find themselves in need of a pinch-runner.

Return to “ExCo General”