OOPSS v3

These announcements are reflected on the front page.
Dodgers
Site Admin
Name: Shawn Walsh

Re: OOPSS v3

Post by Dodgers »

Padres wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 9:17 am Home page shows full standings when logged in on mobile and is not terribly concise. Lots of scrolling to get to those NLW standings... But you probably noticed that.
Agreed, will improve once I work through the initial set of "not working correctly" bugs.
Dodgers
Site Admin

Post by Dodgers »

RedSox wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 9:19 am When I click on transactions, all of the signings say 'anonymous' under team.
Unfortunately this is a data issue that requires my somewhat-manual intervention. I'll be getting to it, but all new transactions should display properly.
Dodgers
Site Admin

Post by Dodgers »

Rockies wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 10:50 am Excited for the transition - have to ask if we are going to change up the color schematic? The blue and white isn't the easiest on my eyes personally. Or is there a way we can customize?
Unfortunately, no. This is what phpBB comes with these days.
Rockies wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 10:50 am A lot of my other concerns appear to have already been addressed - mostly with formatting. One suggestion I do have: Make as many things clickable as possible - for example - in the standings on the front page, which I love btw, would be great if I could just click on a team and go to their page.
Added to the list. Any other locations you were thinking?
Dodgers
Site Admin

Post by Dodgers »

Marlins wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 1:22 pm Would it be possible to bring back the "Last 10 transactions" to the home page? I found that very useful and something I checked out every time coming on the site.
Is there a reason you found this more useful than the automated posts to the Transactions forum?
Dodgers
Site Admin

Post by Dodgers »

Tigers wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 1:31 pm I like the standings on the home page. Would be cool to have a tab or even just squeeze the standings and add a right-side view of the wildcard standings. There's a lot of empty space in the standings that may open room for a wildcard standings module to the right.
Good idea, added to list. Not sure it will be easy because I don't think phpBB supports 3 column pages out of the box.
Dodgers
Site Admin

Post by Dodgers »

Royals wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 2:01 pm Another thing I used a lot was exporting the player list.

Is that something we'd be able to bring back?
Yes.
Guardians
Name: Pat Gillespie

Post by Guardians »

Oh, and to add to the ongoing saga: site is set to Central time. Better than Dutch National Time or whatever it's been...
Dodgers
Site Admin

Post by Dodgers »

BlueJays wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 7:26 pm I miss the last 10 transactions too.
Is there a reason you found this more useful than the automated posts to the Transactions forum?
BlueJays wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 7:26 pm Also logos on the memberlist were nice for quickly finding someone.
Noted, on the list.
BlueJays wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 7:26 pm Speaking of logos... can we get an update to our avatars? Poor Nils still has the Florida Marlins "F."
Sure...someday :lol:
BlueJays wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 7:26 pm Also, do we have a way to manage roster status ourselves or no?
Not at this time. Ideally, this isn't something you should ever have to manage. Draft, never played = Draft, Not draft, in sim = active, not in sim = inactive. It's in my plans to make that happen.
Dodgers
Site Admin

Post by Dodgers »

Tigers wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 9:08 pm
BlueJays wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 7:26 pm Also logos on the memberlist were nice for quickly finding someone.
Agree with this. If the Members page isn't in order by waiver order, it becomes a little tough to find teams since the text isn't differentiated. Logos would be great.
Noted, on the list.
Tigers wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 9:08 pm Another: it appears the player DOB isn't listed on an individual player page. You can see his transaction history but there's no way to tell if it's the same Robert Smith as the guy you want to sign.
:facepalm: Will fix.
Dodgers
Site Admin

Post by Dodgers »

BlueJays wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 10:10 pm I lost Danny Jansen. When I try to add him it says I have too many players, but on my roster page it only adds up to 49.
Back on your team.
Dodgers
Site Admin

Post by Dodgers »

Reds wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 10:13 pm Thanks Shawn. Only thing missing I’d like to see is the player links. When you clicked on a player there were links to MILB, BA, Rotoworld, etc.
Will come back, I have to figure out how to allow you to add them too.
Dodgers
Site Admin

Post by Dodgers »

Tigers wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 10:44 pm Oh, and to add to the ongoing saga: site is set to Central time. Better than Dutch National Time or whatever it's been...
Main board time zone has been changed to America/New York. You may also need to adjust your account's time zone on ucp.php?i=179
Dodgers
Site Admin

Post by Dodgers »

Okay, believe I have at least responded to everyone's posts. Will be at it tomorrow with more fixes.
Guardians

Post by Guardians »

Dodgers wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 10:51 pm
Tigers wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 10:44 pm Oh, and to add to the ongoing saga: site is set to Central time. Better than Dutch National Time or whatever it's been...
Main board time zone has been changed to America/New York. You may also need to adjust your account's time zone on ucp.php?i=179
Noted. Thank you.
Guardians

Post by Guardians »

Looks like the league leaders page under statistics needs formatting. It runs to the right forever rather than down the page or in rows/columns like before.
Mets
Name: John Anderson

Post by Mets »

It might be just me - but I missed the logos/names on the left side on a thread opposed to the right side now. Seems award to read right to left as I usually want to see whose post I'm reading before I begin and the name doesn't jump out at me.
2008-2023 Mets: 1,054-1,223...463%
2006-2008 Rockies: 242-244...498%

IBC Total: 1,296-1,467...469%
2022: lost WC
2023: lost WC
Marlins
Name: Nils

Post by Marlins »

Dodgers wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 10:36 pm
Marlins wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 1:22 pm Would it be possible to bring back the "Last 10 transactions" to the home page? I found that very useful and something I checked out every time coming on the site.
I guess we could ask the same question about having the standings on the home page, why dont we just go into statistics and view it there?

I agree its not a "need," but its something I want to see the latest of all the time, every time I go to the site, to why not on home page? 6 months of the year its more useful than having standings listed.
Mariners
Name: Jagger

Post by Mariners »

Shawn, thank you for > search.php?search_id=unreadposts .

My only feedback is I have bookmarked that and will use it as my porthole, never seeing the homepage, FWIW.
Royals
Name: Larry Bestwick

Post by Royals »

Count me among the Last 10 Transactions fans.
Also, I don't think I need a notification of a reply to my PM on top of the notification that I have a PM.
Astros
Name: Ty Bradley

Post by Astros »

Where do I go to find my roster? I've looked around and can't find it
Astros
Name: Ty Bradley

Post by Astros »

Also, I preferred on the old site where you clicked on the new posts and you could click on the thread. Was just more efficient to me than having to go to the board and then scroll and find where the new posts were, especially if someone posts in their blog
Rockies
Name: Nate Hunter

Post by Rockies »

Padres wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 6:37 pm Count me among the Last 10 Transactions fans.
Also, I don't think I need a notification of a reply to my PM on top of the notification that I have a PM.
Count another fan..
Rockies
Name: Nate Hunter

Post by Rockies »

Cardinals wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 8:05 pm Where do I go to find my roster? I've looked around and can't find it
Top right you should see your logo and name under the "search players" field.. click that then "profile".
Dodgers
Site Admin

Post by Dodgers »

Tigers wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 11:57 pm Looks like the league leaders page under statistics needs formatting. It runs to the right forever rather than down the page or in rows/columns like before.
Weird, added to list.
Dodgers
Site Admin

Post by Dodgers »

Mets wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 11:34 am It might be just me - but I missed the logos/names on the left side on a thread opposed to the right side now. Seems award to read right to left as I usually want to see whose post I'm reading before I begin and the name doesn't jump out at me.
I agree, but unfortunately no easy way to do this. Blame phpBB.

Return to “Announcements”