2018 Season Update

These announcements are reflected on the front page.
Cardinals
Name: John Paul Starkey

2018 Season Update

Post by Cardinals »

Looking like late April for the disc:

Diamond Mind's projection database is prepared in partnership with a 3rd-party who supplies the ZiPS projection stats and ratings. We typically receive the projection data sometime in early to mid-April and it then takes about 10 to 14 days to wrangle the raw projection data into a DMB compatible database.

We received the raw projections data earlier this week, so we are anticipating the 2018 ZiPS Projection database will be available for order at the end of April. The release will be announced on the Diamond Mind website blog and on the community forums.
12, 14, 15, 17, 22
RedSox
Name: Patrick Tullar

Post by RedSox »

Cardinals

Post by Cardinals »

Yep.

Purchasing it.

I'll aim to have a database out Sunday night, Monday at the latest. I'll have a sim schedule out shortly.
12, 14, 15, 17, 22
Royals
Name: Larry Bestwick

Post by Royals »

Since most of us now have respectable jobs, is it worth encouraging our membership to purchase it to encourage DMb to continue to produce it? Back in the day at least half of us were students at some level, I don't think that's the case anymore.
Cardinals

Post by Cardinals »

Disc hopefully out tonight.

And yes, to echo what Bren said -- if you can afford the disc, buy it yourself too. It's $29. Obviously, I'm going to send it out but if/when possible, we should continue to support DMB since they're a small operation and we need them to continue to function as a league without a major overhaul. (OOTP is doomsday scenario).
12, 14, 15, 17, 22
Astros
Name: Ty Bradley

Post by Astros »

So question: I still have the dmb I pirated all those years ago. Do I have to buy the sim separate from the disc?
Cardinals

Post by Cardinals »

I can't tell people what to purchase, but whatever you want to buy, buy.
12, 14, 15, 17, 22
Guardians
Name: Pat Gillespie

Post by Guardians »

[quote="Pirates"]Disc hopefully out tonight.

And yes, to echo what Bren said -- if you can afford the disc, buy it yourself too. It's $29. Obviously, I'm going to send it out but if/when possible, we should continue to support DMB since they're a small operation and we need them to continue to function as a league without a major overhaul. (OOTP is doomsday scenario).[/quote

To be clear, this is the current version to buy, right?

https://diamond-mind.com/collections/ne ... eason-zips
Cubs
Name: Pat Bishop

Post by Cubs »

Tigers wrote:
Pirates wrote:Disc hopefully out tonight.

And yes, to echo what Bren said -- if you can afford the disc, buy it yourself too. It's $29. Obviously, I'm going to send it out but if/when possible, we should continue to support DMB since they're a small operation and we need them to continue to function as a league without a major overhaul. (OOTP is doomsday scenario).[/quote

To be clear, this is the current version to buy, right?

https://diamond-mind.com/collections/ne ... eason-zips
That’s the right one.
Marlins
Name: Nils

Post by Marlins »

Simply because it probably hasnt happened in well over a decade, and probably wont happen again for a long time, as of April 1, 2018, IBC Miami Marlins have the best record in baseball. That is all.

Return to “Announcements”